So you’ve decided you need a web site (wise decision!) but haven’t a clue where to start or what you need. Don’t worry, you’re not alone!
The easiest and quicket way to get a website up and running is to contact us about our Complete Package. However, you still have to instruct me as to what you want your website to do. The better your brief to me, the better your website will be and therefore less changes to it to get it right.
The best websites are well planned in advance. Consider the following points when discussion building a website:
- Why do you want a website? You run a business and want to sell your products, or perhaps you just want a personal site to share information with family and friends; you may show dogs and want to be able to show of their wins; or you run a club and want to share information and communicate with your members.
- What do you want your website to do? Think carefully about exactly what you want to do. Do you want to take money through paypal or other merchant gateway? Do you want to share photographs and videos? Do you want to have a membership site where people join? Write down what you do and exactly what you want your website to do and what you want out of your website.
- Who are your visitors? Write down why you think visitors should visit your website and not your competitors. Write down who you think your visitors may be and what they want.
- Think of the future! Is there anything that you may want to change or add in the future. For instance, if you don’t sell anything on your site at the moment, is there a chance that you may want to in the future? Check out your competitors – are they doing something that you might want to also do in the near or far future? Write down anything at all that you may think of.
- What sort of image do you want to project? Traditional, contemporary, conservative, formal, casual, serious, friendly, corporate, etc.)
- How do you want your site to look? Any ideas that you may have just let me know. Don’t worry if you don’t have any ideas at all, simply surf the net and find 3 sites that you like the look of and 3 that you do NOT like. It doesn’t matter what the site is about or what it does. Make a note of the sites’ url – the web address that starts http://….. Now just let me know which sites you liked and which you didn’t. Same with colour – let me know if you have any colour preferences or dislikes. If you have a logo let me have a copy of it.
Armed with all the above, contact me and let’s talk! I look forward to hearing from you soon!